Merry Christmas!! The last few days have been all about watching our favorite Christmas movies. And anyone who knows me, knows that I am obsessed with lists! So I have for you today, on this wonderful Christmas Eve, a list of:
The 5 movies you must watch every Christmas.
- Elf. I know this movie is goofy, and I’m not even that big of a Will Ferrell fan. But I adore this movie!! It’s the ultimate warm-fuzzy-feeling kind of Christmas movie. For me, it’s a must.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas. I love this movie. Poor Jack, just trying to balance all the different parts of himself. It really is one of the best!
- Scrooged. I love Bill Murray! He is probably one of the funniest man that have ever lived. And this take on A Christmas Carol is my favorite. I know it isn’t quite traditional, but you can’t beat watching The Ghost of Christmas Present whacking Frank in the face with a toaster! Just can’t beat it. That scene goes on my list of “favorite movie scenes of all time”. Yes, that’s another list, and I’m sure I’ll get around to making it soon.
- A Christmas Story. This movie is the bees knees. Yes, I really just said that, I was running out of ways to say “I love this movie”. But really, it’s one of my absolute favorites! I mean, who doesn’t see a BB gun and hear a chorus of “You’ll shoot your eye out! You’ll shoot your eye out!”? It is a Christmas staple!
- It’s a Wonderful Life. Okay, this one is kind of a duh! This is by far the best Christmas movie ever made. I love watching George Bailey discover his importance every year. It really makes you think about what you contribute to the world, and how you can make your life and the lives of those around you better. It’s a must, and if you don’t see it, your Christmas just won’t be as good. Trust me I know, I missed it the last couple of years and I definitely suffered for it.
That’s it! What are your favorite Christmas movies?