posted by Michele on October 22nd, 2014
Yeesh, I had to go all the way back to 2013 to find the last one of these I did! I’ve been so bad of a blogger this last year. I just kind of feel like I had nothing to say for a long time. Hopefully I can work that out and get back into it! So here it is…
My list of favorite things for this week.
- Listening to: Anything by Kacey Musgraves! I was a huge fan of the few singles I had heard before seeing her at Farm Aid last year, but after that I became completely obsessed with her. She did a cover of a Miley Cyrus song that I can only find on Spotify and Myspace called See You Again. Ugh so good! Even if you don’t like country music, you’ll love this!
- Eating: Homemade gyros! I’ve been craving the deliciousness of a little restaurant I used to go to back home, but I wanted to recreate them in a healthier way! So I used turkey with a good amount of Greek seasoning and garlic salt to make a little loaf. Cooked it through, then sliced it thinly. Assembled it with lots of veggies and my own homemade tzatziki sauce on a whole wheat flatbread. Definitely not perfect when it comes to health, but it’s a bit better than the original alternative!
- Sipping: Grape Crush soda. I know, I know, that stuff is awful for you. But man it sure is delicious. I’m having one last hurrah before I cut soda out completely. I feel like I’ve said that a million times, but it’s all starting to catch up with me, so I think now is the time.
- Watching: Spooky movies! It’s almost Halloween, and while I don’t get as into it as I used to, I sill enjoy getting myself a little spooked out every now and again. The last two nights Chris and I have watched Insidious and Insidious: Chapter 2. I’m thinking of emotionally scarring him for life by making him watch the Paranormal Activity movies. Bwahahaha!
- KnittingA scarf for a friend! It’s a surprise, so I won’t name names (but pictures to come after I’ve sent it to her), but I feel like I’ve been stuck on it forever. I had to wait awhile to get more yarn for it. I didn’t realize how much faster you go through chunky yarn! Now I’m finally almost to the finishing point, and I can move on to the hat and hopefully figure out how to make some fingerless mittens? Wish me luck on those… the tutorials I’ve seen make it look quite easy, but I’m a pro at messing things up!