My list of favorite things for this week. (Can you believe it’s been over a month since the last time I did one of these bad boys?!)
- Listening to: The A Team by Ed Sheeran. I hate that I love the beauty that comes from pain and grief. Call me twisted, but there’s something so achingly beautiful about how Mr. Sheeran portrays a drug addicted prostitute. Not a lot of people would be able to find the person inside the situation, but he does so wonderfully.
- Eating: I made up a huge batch of one of my favorite comfort foods of all time! I don’t know that there is a name for it, but I will give you a rundown of how it’s done. Basically, you cook up some chicken breasts covered in chicken broth, I use the ones that are already cut into tenders because they’re easier to shred up. Then I boil up some egg noodles, and make a big batch of mashed potatoes. When the chicken is all done, I add more broth, and thicken it up with a couple table spoons of flour dissolved in water. Then I add in the noodles, and it makes this yummy noodle-y chicken gravy. I season it up really well with salt and pepper, and serve it over a pile of mashed potatoes. It’s yummy, and it goes so far, I’ve been munching on leftovers for three days! It’s hearty, and so affordable.
- Sipping: Green Mountain Caramel Vanilla Cream Coffee. I have an unhealthy relationship with my Keurig. We’re more than friends, we’re soulmates. When we’re apart, I miss him. When we’re together, I cherish how hot and steamy it is. And when he treats me to this yummy caramel flavored goodness, it satisfies me in so many ways.
- Watching: The Biggest Loser. I am a sucker for this show, and I’m not afraid to admit it! I love watching people lose weight, and get healthy because it reminds me that I can do that too. And OMG I’m so glad Jillian’s back! She made that show.
- Reading: All You Magazine. I am completely obsessed with saving money. I love anything involving shopping smart, couponing, and awesome recipes you can make with cheap ingredients. This magazine has all that going for it. Not only is it chock full of money saving ideas, and coupons, it’s also a genuinely good read!
I’ve never done this before, but this week I’m tying my weekly hot list in with a blog hop! Today I’m joining in on Katherine’s Corner’s Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop, and I couldn’t be more excited about it. Go on over, and check it out, just click the button below and enjoy!