My list of favorite things for this week.
- Listening to: Dummy by Portishead. I remember the first time I heard a Portishead song. It is actually on this record. It was a song called Roads, and I heard it when watching Tank Girl, my all time favorite movie. I immediately fell in love with that sad sounding, beautiful voice, and have obsessively listened to most of their songs from then on. Good stuff. Go. Listen. Now.
- Eating: FRUITS AND VEGETABLES!!! It’s incredible how good veggies taste when you’re not bogging them down with cream, meat, and cheese. There’s more flavor in them than I ever would have known! I’ve found that I really prefer them to just about anything else. Seriously folks, eat your veggies.
- Sipping: Arizona Watermelon. This is definitely not the healthiest thing I could put in my body. It has plenty of high fructose corn syrup, but it also has quite a bit of natural juices, and in my opinion that makes it a better option than the root beer I usually chug.
- Watching: Amrphcn Idl. What’s that? Amerphcn Idle. Can you speak up? Okay, okay!! American Idol! I admit it! I personally feel that liking this show makes me a lamer, but it’s really hard not to get sucked in. Nicki Minaj annoys the crap out of me, but I love me some Mariah Carey. And the contestants themselves are quite entertaining. I love to see the successes, and the failures. But especially the failures. Who doesn’t like seeing people make complete fools of themselves?
- Reading: I have a lot of trouble reading full length books on my laptop. It’s damn near impossible to cuddle up with your big clunky computer, and relax when reading. But my blogging friend Amy over at Katjaneway sent me the novel she has been working on. It’s called Feral, and wow. This girl has some talent! You know it’s interesting, if it’s kept me tied to my laptop. I can’t wait to get through it, so I can share my feedback.